Since 1994, NFF's San Francisco office has served a wide variety of nonprofit organizations and funders throughout the West Coast and Hawaii. Our Los Angeles office opened in May, 2010. Learn more below!
- Loans and lines of credit for facilities and working capital, all tailored to meet the needs of nonprofit organizations at competitive rates and terms.
- New Markets Tax Credit Loans offer tax credits for private investors in exchange for capital investment in facilities in low-income communities.
- Nonprofit Business Analysis (NBA) is an in-depth financial analysis and consultation that clarifies an organization's financial condition, helping management balance financial considerations with program goals and better articulate financial needs to funders.
- Financial Leadership Clinic combines an educational seminar on nonprofit finance with individual coaching and peer-based learning. In the two-day Clinic, four to six small-to-midsized nonprofits working in a common sector learn to read and interpret their financial documents, understand the dynamics of their business models, and identify and communicate the specific financial needs and goals of their organizations.
- Workshops and Coaching expertly guide nonprofits and funders in exploring how management decisions and capital structure affect an organization's mission and finances. NFF workshops are a dynamic exploration of how nonprofits and funders can improve the ways they use money, so that missions can thrive.
- Capital Partners helps nonprofit organizations attract the shareholder-like investment they need to support significant transformations. Capital Partners brokers and facilitates capital campaigns of $5 million or greater, so that nonprofit executives can focus on the day-to-day running of their organizations.
- Systems Replacement Plan (SRP) is a detailed review of a nonprofit's building systems. NFF consultants create a 20-year SRP that forecasts expected timing and costs of replacements and repairs, helping organizations better plan for future facility-related capital needs.
West Hawaii Community Health Center (WHCHC)
$10mm New Markets Tax Credits allocation, December 2013
WHCHC provides integrated medical, dental and behavioral health services to primarily low income individuals and families in three clinic locations on the big island, with a part-time mobile dental clinic that serves homeless individuals. WHCHC is building a new 11,500 square foot medical center, the La'i'Opua Health Center, which will provide medical and dental care to 4,300 project patients in the first year of operation. Approximately 130 construction jobs will be created, along with 35 permanent positions upon completion.
Caring for Our Kupuna: Building an Aging in Place Movement in Hawaii
With support from Hawaii Community Foundation, NFF provided deep financial advice to nine nonprofits that provide Aging in Place (AIP) services, programs that allow seniors to receive community support while remaining in the comfort of their own homes. Click here for the report.
NFF Workshops on West Coast: