Nonprofit Finance Fund® Interactive workshops help nonprofits of various sectors, sizes and situations better understand and manage the connection between program priorities, organizational capacity and financial structure. Currently we are offering the following workshops:
LINKING MONEY TO MISSION: A BALANCING ACT
Learn to balance your organization's mission with its financial realities. Plan for an in-depth and dynamic discussion of your organization's financial situation, plans for the future, and strategies for achieving long-term goals. NFF will:
- Give you a crash course on interpreting financial statements to reveal the financial reality underpinning your programs
- Engage in dialogue about the challenges posed by growth, endowments, property ownership, and much more
- Use real-life case studies, with financial information drawn from IRS Form 990s and audits, to demonstrate how the choices you make impact your organization's financial health and viability
- Discuss the use of financial information in communicating to funders and other stakeholders your organization's financial story and resource needs
FACILITY PROJECTS: PLANNING, FUNDING AND FINANCING STRATEGIES
This workshop demystifies the various fundraising and financing strategies available to pay for a facility project. Study the impact acquisition and/or renovation can have on your organization's mission, programs, structure, operations, fundraising and financial health. Topics include:
- Planning for your project and understanding its impact on your organization
- The relationship between operating, project and fundraising budgets
- An overview of project cash flow statements
- Planning a capital campaign
- The lending process and various financing options
NONPROFIT FINANCIAL LITERACY
This workshop increases the comfort level of nonprofit managers and board members in reading and interpreting nonprofit financial statements. Using nonprofit examples, we will review the statements of activities and financial position and explore how these statements can be used together to inform strategic planning. Workshop participants will:
- Review the fundamental concepts and structure of nonprofit financial statements
- Discuss techniques for interpreting this data and incorporating it into decision making
- Explore how to set goals that help maintain financial health
RECESSION PLANNING WEBINAR
For organizations in need of preliminary guidance, this webinar provides an online crash course in assessing risk and financial planning.
We provide nonprofit leaders with guidance and tools to manage through these challenging times. Topics include: assessing organizational preparedness; evaluating risk exposure and tolerance; identifying and quantifying options; and communicating financial stories to funders. We discuss tips on cash flow planning, access to credit, program profitability and scenario planning.
GETTING TO KNOW NONPROFIT FINANCE FUND
Nonprofit Finance Fund is dedicated to connecting nonprofit finance to mission through a wide range of loans, financial consulting, facility-planning services, growth services and thought-leadership. In this session, NFF staff will provide an introduction to NFF's mission and financial services that help nonprofit organizations improve their capacity to serve their communities.
To view and listen to an example of a recent NFF® workshop focused on assessing the financial health of CDCs, please click here.
To find out which workshops are available in your area, please contact your local NFF office.