Systems Replacement Plan
"The [Systems Replacement Plan]…has provided our company with vital information and the tools to not only plan and implement but also to gain support from other organizations and funding groups who have been impressed by the level of detail being pulled from that report.
The company's facilities plans have been following the yearly planner that we laid out together and we have of added and created new time lines for either new projects or unforeseeable repairs.
The effect on the company and community at large over the past two years has been enormous. Our Operating Budget is growing at a rate of $100,000 a year and the sheer number of programs and people coming through our doors and often staying (as a student or artist) is also increasing rapidly. Much of this success is due to that report which has been the basis for my planning work regarding the facilities."
Adam Bright, Technical Director
Double Edge Theatre, MA
NFF can help your organization project the costs of long-term building maintenance. NFF® Systems Replacement Plan (SRP) is a consultation that provides you with a practical plan to take care of your building for the next 20 years so that it can continue to safely house your mission and programs. An SRP is an assessment of the 20-year repair and replacement needs and costs for a nonprofit facility:
- Provides a comprehensive facilities analysis by engineers, architects or construction consultants
- Forecasts the necessary replacement of specific systems and equipment, presuming routine maintenance
- Details a year-by-year breakdown of proposed costs and savings
SRP AT A GLANCE
An NFF engineering consultant will analyze blueprints, conduct an on-site survey, and meet with building maintenance personnel to collect the following information about your building systems:
- relative age and condition
- estimated usable-life expectancy
- approximate replacement cost
The engineering consultant will survey the following building systems:
- building envelope (roof, walls, and entry systems)
- mechanical systems (heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, and pool filtration)
- certain types of flooring with limited usable-life expectancy
After the survey, NFF will develop a 20-year Systems Replacement Plan forecasting the necessary replacement of specific systems and equipment, presuming routine maintenance will be ongoing
WHO CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AN SRP?
- Nonprofits that own buildings
- Nonprofits with a long-term lease that are responsible for all repairs and replacement
NFF® SRP is most effective when combined with NFF's Building for the FutureSMprogram. To learn more, contact your nearest NFF office!
NY | Boston | Philadelphia | San Francisco | LA