Since 1980, we've provided over $620 million in loans and access to additional financing for thousands of nonprofits nationwide. Click on our stories to the right to read about a few of the organizations we've helped.
How We Can Help
NFF® tailors loans to based on each client's unique financial story, plans, and capacity. Our loans can help your organization:
- Purchase, build or renovate a facility, including leasehold improvements
- Purchase equipment and technology necessary to your organization's operation
- Bridge payment of receivables from government grants or capital campaigns
- Expand programs or grow an earned income or social venture
- Manage working capital needs with a line of credit
Is My Nonprofit Eligible for an NFF Loan?
We can serve organizations that meet the following criteria:
- A 501(c)(3) organization or other entity that promotes the economic, social or cultural development of its community
- Three or more years of operating history
- Unrestricted annual operating revenue of at least $1,000,000
- The minimum loan size is typically $500,000
- Construction, renovation and leasehold improvement
- Related soft costs, such as professional fees and permits
- Relocation costs
Working Capital Loans
- Bridging capital campaign receipts, grants, government contracts, and other receivables
- Lines of credit to support temporary cash flow needs
- Program expansion
- Office equipment and furniture
- Computer hardware and software
- HVAC and security systems
- Other program- and facility-related equipment
Our financing isn't a perfect fit for all nonprofits. If you don't quite meet our eligibility requirements, click here for further advice.
Other NFF Financing Programs
New Markets Tax Credit Program
In total, NFF has received $231 million New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) allocation to attract private capital for investment in low-income communities.
Visit NFF’s NMTC page for more information.