Submitted by TBorelli on Fri, 11/18/2016 - 6:36pm
NFF Special Webinars: Steering Nonprofits Through Uncharted Waters
These are uncertain times for the people and organizations dedicated to providing crucial services to underserved U.S. communities.
But an unclear operating environment does not mean we should sit still and wait. This is exactly the time to prepare our organizations for whatever change is coming in a thoughtful, data-driven way. Understanding our organizations’ financial health and readiness, and crafting potential scenarios for our programs and services, are the crucial first steps.
NFF has been teaching this preparedness to thousands of social sector leaders for decades. In response to concerns voiced in the post-election period about an uncertain funding and policy landscape, we are offering special webinars to help nonprofit leaders and funders talk openly and plan proactively, so that mission-driven organizations can have and maintain the financial strength to support their communities.
These webinars are free of charge and will be recorded.
Webinar for Nonprofit Leaders and Board Members
Offered on two occasions:
Tuesday, Dec. 6, 1-2pm ET
Wednesday, Dec. 7, 1-2pm ET
Click here to register
Steps you can take today to ensure clear decision-making once more is known, including how to:
- Open dialogues among staff, board, and stakeholders to foster constructive discussion
- and planning in uncertain times
- Gauge your organization’s financial health, adaptability, and risk tolerance
- Assess risks and opportunities
- Develop potential scenarios and corresponding action plans
- Take short-term actions that don’t endanger long-term stability
Webinar For Funders
Wednesday, Dec. 14, 1-2pm ET
Click here to register
Understand the challenges facing nonprofit leaders, and how grantmaking can be aligned with adaptability and long-term stability, including how to:
- Ask your grantees the key questions that need to be addressed now
- Assess their ability to weather uncertainty
- Determine if your current practices best support your grantees’ needs
- Respond to immediate concerns without endangering long-term organizational health
Please share your thoughts via the registration page and join the conversation at #nonprofitready.